Welcome to Angie Mae's Personal Page
On March 26, 2014, I lost my dad, John, to suicide. However, he should not be remembered for his final act, but for his kindness, his smile and sparkling blue eyes, his ingenuity and ability to solve any problem, his endless love, his patience, his work ethic, his youthful outlook, and of course his mischievous streak. I miss him constantly, but am lucky to have had him as my dad; and know that he lives on in me.
On Saturday, September 23rd, we will be participating in a 5K to raise funds and awareness for Samaritans, a suicide prevention organization serving Greater Boston and Metrowest. All proceeds help fund Samaritans' life saving services, including our 24/7 Helplines, Community Education and Outreach, and Grief Support Services for those who have lost a loved one to suicide. These vital services are available locally to the families, friends and neighbors, free of charge. Since my dad's death, I have benefited from Grief Support Services offered through the Samarians' and have become passtionate about reducing stigma associated with suicide and increasing awareness about mental illness.
You can help me prevent suicide by clicking the Donate Now button to sponsor my efforts in meeting my fundraising goal, or click Join This Team to create your own page and join me in raising funds and awareness for this organization's amazing cause!
Did you know...
• Suicide is the 10th leading cause of death in the US overall, the 3rd leading cause of death for people ages 15-24, and the 2nd leading cause of death for people ages 25 - 24
• On average, there is one completed suicide every 12 minutes in the US
• There are 4 times as many suicides as homicides per year in Massachusetts
• Suicide rates increase by 4% each year in Massachusetts
• All of Samaritans' services are free to the community
• Samaritans' efforts to provide mental health support and reduce suicide are multi-faceted and focus on prevention, intervention and providing support following a suicide loss
• Samaritans now offers crisis services to thousands of those in need of a listening ear via phone, text message and online chat, conducts hundres of suicide prevention workshops and community outreach seminars per year, and provides a variety of support services to those bereaved by suicide
Thank you so much for your support, you are helping to save lives!
Love & Hugs,
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.